|International phone +64 3 550 4604|
The size of a table depends upon the room in which it will be placed and the number of people you wish to seat. If you have a specific table design, I am happy to work with you to create the table you desire. Each table is custom-made to the dimensions best suited to your home, as is the finish and texture. I can arrange to meet with you at my work studio or your home in Sydney or regional NSW to discuss concepts, draw designs and give an obligation free quote to craft a table that suits your needs which you and your family will enjoy as much as the chairs for generations.
My tables are hand-made not just man-made
I guarantee them to be hand-crafted using traditional methods
As with my traditionally made chairs, I use traditional techniques and methods in making my tables that rely on hand skills, long forgotten and rarely used since the industrial revolution. In my mind these traditional techniques make the difference in producing investment quality tables.
The traditional techniques are:
- Hand-jointed table tops
- Hand-cut dovetails in drawers
- Hand-carved embellishments
- Solid mortise and tenon joinery with no dowels or screws
- Sliding tapered dovetail joints in my pedestal bases ensure legs are well attached and stable to the base providing many years of service
- Table tops are planed, scraped and minimally sanded by hand to achieve a fine finish
« Back to Gallery
« Back to Tables & Other